Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Kiss me.. I'm Irish!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Today is one of my favorite holidays!! I have been talking about it for the last couple days, and I have encountered a couple St. Patty's Day scrooges you could say... They are sort of bahh hummbugish about it! It's just another day... Just a reason to drink... I don't see the point... I have heard this about Valentine's Day.. Birthdays... and other holidays as well... What's the point?

Well, if we didn't have holidays and birthdays would we make time to celebrate and get together? In a world like today when some families are too busy to sit down and eat as a family together at night, would they make time to stop everything and spend time with each other and have a good time if there were no holidays??? Think about certain relatives that you have that you only see at Christmas.. thanksgiving... graduations... If we didn't celebrate those occasions would you see them?!?!

I love holidays! I love birthday!! I love it all!! I love them because they are always full of positiveness!! I work with individuals with disabilities. Everyday I walk into the workshop and see everyone doing their normal everyday tasks, I always get some hellos, but usually people stay on task and keep to themselves... I walk into today, keep in mind I have my sweet blinking shamrock earrings on, and I see smiles EVERYWHERE!! People showing me their green attire, saying Happy St. Patty's Day, everyone is talking about the special corn beef and cabbage lunch we are having, everyone is smiling... They get it!! They get the point of the day!! They get that day isn't really about St. Patrick who drove the snakes out of Ireland... The point is to stop our normal face paced, have to do a million things at a time to get things done attititude and talk to each other.. laugh with each other!!! The day is about celebrating life and having a good time!! Not once today did I see someone frown... THAT'S THE POINT!!!

Happy St. Patty's Day!!
Peace and Love,
GREEN Heen!

1 comment:

  1. If one wants to have a great holiday, it is true, just spend it with the DD! They love holidays and really get into it. Hope you enjoyed your green beer! See you next tuesday!

    ReplyDelete