Sunday, January 10, 2010

Peace, Love, and Challenges!

Ok... Sooo... Things were going well! I was going on veganism day five and another snow storm hit! I am super poor the way it is, so conditions to start this vegan journey are not ideal, but I was making it work! After all I had found my spark within... Well, the spark went out when the snow came in! Long story short.. shells and cheese got the best of me!! So I try to think of what made me weak enough to say yes! I remember seeing the shells and cheese in my roommates cupboard, and pretty much.. That was it! I was set on having them! I some how manage to talk myself into thinking it is okay... I did this somewhat when I became vegetarian, only it was with seafood.. I would flirt with seafood a lot... But the vegan thing is a lot harder!!!

I had someone say to me, " I have decided you aren't going to become a vegan" So I thought about that a lot! I also think about those who say, "why would you become a vegan?" It all makes me think about why I do want to be a vegan.. and that is my health!!!!!!!! Cheese is no better than red meat.. Sooo why am I not eating red meat if I am eating cheese??? I have read many many many more bad things about milk and cheese than good... I don't want to eat it anymore and I would be completely fine if I never had it again!! Sooo.. WHY is it soo hard!!!

I have identified the challenges I am seeing in hopes that identifying them will help me to overcome them! The biggest challenge for me right now is money! I need money to buy my healthy energy! But lets face it.. I live in the heart of the midwest and produce isn't the cheapest thing at the store!! So... How am I going to overcome this... I need to focus on the cheaper produce. Maybe chose "cheaper" produce like bananas and oranges. Buy a couple sets of greens so I don't waste them. Maybe I go to the store a couple times a week buying small amounts at a time!

Challenge number two for me I have already mentioned, I live in the heart of the midwest! A vegan here is like an alien!! Now things are a lot better since I have moved to Omaha, but still slim pickin's where ever we go! Unless it's McFosters which is AMAZING!! So how can I overcome this challenge? Well, one thing I need to do more is pack a lunch! I either make it and forget it at home, or I am too "lazy" to make one!! Which packing a lunch would be helpful not only to my healthy, but to my pocketbook! GENIUS!

SOOO... This week I am going to have two goals! Green Smoothie EVERY morning, and bring my lunch EVERYday! That is it! That is the only two things I am going to focus on for the week! Food wise anyways!! ha ha!! Let's face it.. I am a girl of many goals!!! But I do need to focus in on my goals and make mini goals/plans to achieve the goals! You can't just have a goal to run a half marathon with out training.. So each goal needs a plan!!!


Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Loves!
Green-Teen

1 comment:

  1. Challenge #1: Start a garden, join a co-op.
    Challenge #2: Have a back-up in case you forget. Jane's Health Market has a diner inside (or at least it did at one time). They're cheaper than Natural Kind - do take-out there. Or just don't forget.
    Every goal does need a plan. Or as we say in ENCOR, every plan needs an annual goal and several short term objectives. ;)
    Lastly, you're not the alien, they are. Ever see 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers'?

    Rickilicious

    ReplyDelete