Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Finding the strength within!

Day 7 of the 2010 is a COLD one!!!


My 2010 started on New Years Eve which I celebrated at my friend Lindsay's boyfriends and we had a delicious vegan feast!!! Lindsay made vegan tacos! We had Chips and Salsa!! Ryan made a delish Salad! And I made a delicious dip from Alicia Silverstone's book, The Kind Diet. It is called Cheesy, Oozy Guacamole Bean Dip! Get the book and check out page 207!!!!!! Even non-vegans LOVED it!! I also enjoyed some Organic Wheat beer from New Belguim Brewery called Mothership Wit!!!! The night included dancing, games, and lots of laughter!! Nothing better than starting 2010 with great friends and great fun!!


I have been pumping myself up for a wonderful 2010 and was super excited to begin the year and continue on the road of personal growth! Although it has only been a week, there has been some triumphs and set backs! One of the biggest goals for 2010 is to continue towards healthiness, and make the vegan plunge! Unfortunately, I had a couple flirts as a Alicia Silverstone would call them... But on Monday, January 4th I made a decision and here I am four days vegan!!!



Since I have quit my job in December I have not had healthy eating habits and it is beginning to wear on me! I feel like I am back at square one!! I am beginning to feel that lazy feeling! I am beginning to get a little bit sluggish! Over the Christmas break especially I overloaded on white carbs, sugars, and BUTTER!!! So it is almost like I need to cleanse and start over!! With starting a new job.. Moving away from my family and best friend Holly, moving to a big new city... I have just had such a hard time focusing, and have had a lot of anxiety!! I am learning a new job, dealing with homesickness, learning to live on my own (aka, dealing with a car that won't start - but I do have a new set of sweet jumper cables), hanging out with all my friends that live here, and being super poor!! I have been super busy, and i am STRUGGLING majorly to get into the mode!! I haven't been making my green smoothies everyday.... I haven't been able to work out because I can't afford a membership right now!!! I am wanting to start training for the Lincoln half.. Sooo... How do I get back into it???? What am I waiting for?? How do I get back into it when I can't afford it!!

I think about some people who have come to me and they say well I just need to wait until things in my life settle down.. I need to wait until after a certain event... And I always say to them, there is never a right time.. There is always going to be something that you could wait for. Sooo why am I not taking my own advise??



Well http://www.crazysexylife.com/ saves the day!! I really encourage everyone to check out the post from January 6th! Colin Beavan wrote today about Trusting the Spark within and finding your own path! In his post he talks about how we often wait for something or someone to help us get started with something! I think to myself.. What am I waiting for?? Who and I waiting for?? Am I letting money control my health? Then Mr. Beavan writes, To be inspired means to have the breath within us! I loved reading this!! He is soo right! The breath is inside! I am the only one who can control my destiny!



I am inspired! I do have the breath within me!!



I did a little research on Mr. Beavan.. turns out he has an AMAZING documentary coming out called No Impact Man! He and his wife and child decide to turn to have as little carbon footprint as possible. No TV, No cell phone, no car, no elevator, nothing in plastic, nothing that has ever been wrapped in plastic or paper, only buying from thrift stores, only purchasing locally grown produce... You get the point! I encourage you to check out the trailer!!!


Last night I was thinking about Beavan's post and I felt that spark within... I did all my dishes which have been piling up since I moved here! I also did a Jillian Michael's work-out DVD, which TOTALLY kicked my ass!! It was AWESOME!

So week one of 2010 has taught me to look to that spark with in and you will find a strength inside you that you didn't know you had!!!

Loves!!
Green-Teen

1 comment:

  1. I have a plan...I also feel the need to get my butt back into the gym. Since I have a membership at Golds I can bring a guest everytime I go. So there you go....we can do this together. I know I have a lot to learn from you so this seems so perfect. I also know that it is difficult to eat healthy at our job but if you work to bring your lunch, life is so much easier. I promise your coworkers will get over your "odd" diet. You can do this Heeney...and I am hoping you can help me help myself. Love you

    ReplyDelete