Monday, July 12, 2010

My new found love.... Coconut Oil!

I just discovered the dirty talking, coconut oil!!! I have been using it as a moisturizer for a couple weeks now. Applying it liberally when I get out of the shower, and dabbing it off with a towel. I can already feel a difference in my skin!!

I have been hearing coconut oil is also a great oil to cook with. I have not had much of a chance to try it until tonight... and WOW!! So I made green bean - mushroom stir-fry you could call it, and roasted beets!


Green Bean and Mushroom "stir-fry"
So I heated up the wok with a little EVCO as Rachel Ray would say... aka extra virgin coconut oil.
Then cut up my green beans (fresh and organic from my fave CSA Fox Run Farms!)
Then my mushrooms (not local unfortunately)
And then did the stir fry thing for awhile.
Then pressed two cloves of fresh garlic into the deliciousness.
Then stir and fryed until everything was cooked!

I feel like the coconut oil made it cook differently, and enhanced the flavor differently. I felt when I cooked with olive oil it made the food taste heavy, if that even makes sense. I am now in love with cooking with Coconut Oil!!!

Yo, dj... Give me a beet!
So, this is where the dirty talk really happens!
slice the raw beets.
dollop of coconut oil.
roll the slices in the dollop.
splash of salt.
cook at 425 for about 20ish minutes.
enjoy.
Just beet it.
beet it.
beat it.
beat it.
No one wants to be debeeted!
Peace and Love,
Heen



1 comment: