Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Funky to Fresh

Why hello there... sweet blog of mine!

It has been awhile! I did not abandon you! I was looking over past posts and we have been on a bit of a roller coaster since I started you!!

Soo, I suppose I should update you....... Well, it's not been good! Not good at all! My diet has consisted of Pop, Scooters, Fries, Ranch, Cheese... McDonald's, Runza.... It's just been bad!!! So, what have I been feeling because of this.. TIRED, ANGRY, NEGATIVE! I have been irritable.. crabby... negative... I just have felt inside that I have been going through the motions.

I of course tried a couple times to "diet" "eat healthy" whatever you want to call it... give up pop for the 40th time this year.. NOTHING was getting me out of this FUNK I was in!! I was talking to Liz and Lindz and I would have great ideas and concepts, but I was just not following through!! I got the book A Course in Weightloss 21 spiritual lessons to losing the weight forever by Marianne Williamson (One amazing lady!) This is where things began to click!!!!

This book is helping me to look into why I have issues with eating, weight, and being healthy. I have recently discovered that I like to run away from things! My apartment is messy... I just keep running away from the problem instead of cleaning it! I am doing this with EVERYTHING I don't want to deal with.. Work, Money, etc..... I realized with some of these things I have been running for a couple years... and the problem is not getting better! I am not magically getting money in my account, by not addressing the problem!

Soooo... I set a date and said I am starting with my health because I need to feel good to tackle the other things! So, Monday November 29th I made the change! I decided I needed to go strict for awhile or I would just fall back into the cycle... So, NO pop, NO caffeine, NO chips.. and then I am trying hard to say NO to bread, noodles, tortillas, milk, cheese, eggs...

Day 1-4 were the hardest because of the caffeine headaches! I also had to tackle 4 out to eat experiences. I had a thin crust veggie pizza with NO cheese at pizza hut... soup and salad at olive garden.. eggs and hash browns at ihop.. and a pretzel at the mall! Soo, I tried to make the best decisions at each place. and I feel good about my decisions!!

I am now on day 9 with NO CHIP, POP, or CAFFEINE which hasn't happened in... well EVER!! haha!! Even when I was cleansing last year I had corn chips!! Soo this is huge!!

How am I feeling now.. OMGOSH! MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!! My tiredness has decreased GREATLY!! I am feeling like I have soo much more energy!! My plan is to stick with it until December 23rd, and then pick back up again December 27th. Then December 31st- January1st off and then January 2nd to the marathon.. back at it!

I am glad to be back!!!
I missed you!!!

Peace and Love,
Heen

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Jess.
    It is so awesome you're being proactive with the way you feel, treat, and act towards certain things in your life. I think a lot of us could benefit from reading that book.

    Keep it up. Love you, glad you're back. :D

    ReplyDelete