Monday, December 21, 2009

10 in 2010!

2009.......... What a year!!! As the year is quickly coming to a close it is time to think about another new year full of growth!!! I was checking out facebook a couple weeks ago and the AMAZING Kris Carr had a status about working on her new years resolution and her infamous vision boards!!! She was going to try to narrow it down to 10 things in 2010! What a brilliant idea!! I loved it!!! Soo I began to think of the 10 things I wanted to put on my vision board. Sooo.. of course I shared it with Lindsay and we shared our lists and both pulled something from the others list!!



So my 10 in 2010 are:
1. Become a REAL vegan!! In the The Kind Diet (Which I can't wait to finish) Alicia Silverstone talks about how she was flirting for years.. Saying she was a vegetarian, but would have bites of her friend's steak... So the last couple months, I have wanted to be a vegan but have just been flirting.... Sooo... No more aspiring to be a vegan.... I am taking the amazing plunge!! (Great Side note: I got a couple gift cards to Whole Foods for Christmas, so I am super excited to stock up and get started!!!)


2. Do a random act of kindness once a month!! (I got this one from Lindsay, and it is the one I am most excited about!!) Pay for someone behind you at a drive-threw... But gift cards to hand out to those who may look like they need it.. :) Post any other ideas!!!


3. Money, Money, Money... Budget and Save! Anyone who knows me, knows I love to just spend money whether i have it or not! ha ha... So my goal for 2010 is to begin to be debt-free and save for a Toyota Prius!!


4. Run a half marathon with out stopping.. Lincoln Half.. May 2nd... Here I come!!!! :) I am VERY excited for this because Lindsay's sister and my sister have decided to run it with us!!

5. Thankfuls!! This summer Lindsay told me about this motivational speaker, Mary Kay Mueller, that had came to her school... (Mary Kay wrote the book, 8 to Great.) When Lindsay told me about, I could feel this amazing energy through the phone!! One thing Lindsay had told me about was "Being Thankful". That was one of the 8 pillars to success and happiness. Mary Kay suggested you write down three things everyday that you are thankful for that day! I just feel in love with this idea!!! I began doing it for about 3 weeks and it was so AMAZING what had happened!! When things would happen I would find myself saying wow! I am thankful for this!! I began being so much more grateful for things!! Unfortunately, It only took a couple nights of forgetting and being busy and I got out of the routine and had stopped doing it. Sooo.. I am super excited to began the thankfuls again!!

6. Faith!! God has always been an important person in my life, and without him I would be nothing. Unfortunately I have not always had God on the top of the priority list. So in 2010 I want to find a church and really get back into my faith to help me live out the plan God has laid out for me!!!


7. Letters, Emails, and Cards.. oh my!! There is nothing better than getting that special card in mail!! So at least once a month, I would like to send a card, email, or card to someone that I wouldn't normally send one to, but who is a special part of my life!!



8. Go Green!! Like I had mentioned in "My Story" my friend Travis had me watch an Inconvenient Truth which had changed everything for me! This documentary is a controversial documentary on the theory of Global Warming. Whether you believe Global Warming is happening or not.. There is really no arguement for why we should not throw away things that we can reuse?? (exception: biohazards) Soo.. for the last 4 years I have been flirting with actually going green. I have been such a HUGE earth advocate, but I am ashamed to admit that I have not always acted on my advocate-ness... So this year I really want to focus on reducing, reusing, and recycling!! I want to start my first compost pile as well!!!



9. Volunteering!!! I have had some great volunteering expierences so far in my life and I look forward to some great volunteer expierences in 2010!!




10. Blog it up!! I got started on it early, but here I am!! I have loved my blog experience thus far, and can't wait to continue it through the new year!!



Vision Boards.. I had mentioned a little bit about them at the beginning. Kris Carr just recently wrote her blog about vision boards, Check it out at http://www.crazysexylife.com/!! She posted it December 24, 2009. She has three amazing little vision board stories I encourage you to check out!! So I am super excited about my first vision board!!! I would love to hear what you have on your vision boards and new years resolution lists!!!!

Luckily I am stuck in a blizzard so I am hoping to work on my Vision Board this weekend.. I will post pictures when its done!!

Happy Holidays!!
Loves!!
Green-Heen

1 comment:

  1. Heen! I love your 10 goals! We have many similar ones so it will be nice to have each other to help motivate and stay on track! Love your blog so far! I'm excited to start my own! =)

    ReplyDelete